Friday, January 4, 2008

pugnacious/titan


"Hello,my pretty."
"Don't act a smiling face, Mr.Hoffman," said Alina. Mr. Hoffman's happy
face twisted itself into a ugly sneer.
"And why would that be, Alina?
"Because I know you aren't happy. If you are not happy don't smile." Alina replied.
Mr. Hoffman scowled.
"Get to the point, girl." snapped Mr.Hoffman.
"I just wanted you to know that the police are coming in five hours to arrest you, so you should probally escape while you can."
"Why? So that you can use that mighty brain of yours to capture me again?"
sneered Mr. Hoffman. He stalked over to the tiny apartment window and looked out.
Alina sighed and twisted a few strands of her long, coal-black hair. Even
though Mr.Hoffman was a murdering crimanal now, he still had a mocking sense of humor.
"No. It's just that..."She took a deep breath. This was not going to be
easy to say. [despite her prize-winning wits]
" You've helped me in the past" she said carefully [anybody that angered Mr.Hoffman was thrown out of the window if they were lucky.] "and I want to repay you."
" You think I'm going to believe you just like that?
Mr.Hoffman said scornfully. "No doubt you have a whole police patrol down there, just waiting for me to stroll downstairs and get caught like a fly in a web." Alina sighed heavily. Mr.Hoffman was proving difficult to sway.


"My train is leaving at one o' clock." Alina said stiffly. "I will pack for my journey." She was sure Hoffman would fall for her trick once she was gone.


"Well, good-bye then." he sneered. "Or rather, bad-bye."


Alina did not answer, but merely left the room. Inside, Hoffman sat on his spindly chair, thinking.





No comments: